Welcome to the Northeast Metro Tech NHS/NTHS webpage! Please see below for the Northeast Artisans Chapter of the National Honor Society Bylaws.
Any sophomore, junior or senior who meets the GPA and conduct criteria as stated in the bylaws is eligible to receive an invitation to apply for membership to the National Honor Society. Induction into the NHS is decided by a five-member faculty council.
Any junior or senior who meets the following requirements are eligible for induction into the National Technical Honor Society:
- Cumulative academic GPA of 3.3 or 88% with no failures;
- Cumulative shop/related GPA of 3.0 or 85%;
- Shop department head recommendation;
- Excellent conduct and attendance; and,
- Serious interest in pursuing a career in that field.
Both societies require a minimum 30 service hours a year and attendance at monthly meetings to remain active and in good standing. Members are also held to the highest standard of scholarship, service, leadership and character.
Our societies turn our school leaders into the future leaders of America!
For more information, please e-mail NHS/NTHS Advisors Rachel Fitzgibbon.